Privacy & Cookies
Fonab Castle Hotel Ltd takes the privacy and security of your data very seriously. We’d like to assure you that we are committed to protecting the privacy of all our users. We will ensure that the information you provide us with is kept private and confidential, and we will only use it to provide the services you request.
Your personal information refers to the data obtained from you in connection with the service provided. Your privacy is important to us and we promise to respect your personal information.
Information is collected lawfully and we will do our best to ensure that your details are accurate and up-to-date.
We will use your personal information for the following reasons so that we can provide you with a first class service:
- To confirm, update and improve customer records
- Identify and inform you of services that may be of interest.
- Analyse and develop a relationship with you. Personal information you supply us with and the information about your use of services will only be used by Fonab Castle Hotel Ltd, to tell you by letter, telephone or email about services that may be of interest to you.
Information Voluntarily Provide
When you complete a booking, sign up to our newsletter, consult with our service team, send us an email, or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect. That information may include either your name, physical address, email address, IP address, phone number, credit card information, as well as details including gender, location, purchase history, and other demographic information.
Information Automatically Collect
When you browse the website or make a purchase, we may automatically collect information about your visit by using cookies. This information may include your device type, browser, IP address, how you came to the website or how you interacted with the website. This information may be used to monitor or improve website performance or deliver targeted advertising. Information from the cookie alone generally will not identify you personally and we will not use this information in connection with any personally identifiable information you have provided.
Cookies are small amounts of information that are sent to and are stored on your computer. They are used by Fonab Castle Hotel to identify you when you visit the site, and to make your use of the site more convenient for you. If you do not wish to have Cookies placed on your computer you can disable Cookies on your Internet browser.
Information We Share with Third Party Providers
We may share your personally identifiable information with service providers including:
- Payment processors for secure credit card payment transaction.
- Hosting services.
- Email service providers to send you emails pertaining to your booking. Such providers may send emails of a marketing nature if you have agreed to receive such newsletters and will track some performance indicators, such as open and click rates.
- Advertising partners who may use email address, cookies and other tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons, to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
- Our business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them. We may also share your data with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our website.
- Legal authorities when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or when necessary to do so to protect the rights and safety of Fonab Castle, employees and users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our services.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Fonab Castle Hotel.
- Information that is aggregated or anonymised that does not directly identify you.
How we safe guard your information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, considering the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information.
Our website is hosted on a secure https server and is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We implement a variety of security measures when a user makes a booking, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via SSL Secure Socket Layer technology. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then The Fonab Castle Hotel will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes or you wish your information to be removed from our records, you may update or delete it by emailing Fonab Castle Hotel. We will give you access to your personally identifiable information that we hold within 30 days of a request to access. You may send a request to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to stop receiving email newsletters, click on the unsubscribe link on any of the newsletters.
How long your personal data is kept
We will retain your information for as long as required to deliver your service, agreement or resolve any issues, or until advised not to. Please note that we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Fonab Castle Hotel uses reasonable measures to safeguard sensitive personally identifiable information, with measures that are appropriate to the type of information maintained and follows applicable laws regarding safeguarding any such information under our control.
What cookies do we use?
|Cookie Type||What we use them for|
|_utma||This cookie is what’s called a “persistent” cookie, and keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.|
|_utmb||Records when a visitor enters a site, and expires at the end of the session.|
|_utmc||Records when a visitor leaves a site. It expires after 30 minutes if there is no activity.|
|_utmz||Keeps track of where the visitor came from, search criteria, and geographic region they came from. It expires in 6 months.|
|ctst||Used to make sure we can write the 3rd party cookies.|
|stc4101||This is the third party cookie used to store all the other cookie data in concatenated form. The Cookie’s name has the site ID in it.|
|stcs4101||stcs[siteid] temporary (session) data used for de duping the main cookie store (stc[siteid])|
|PREF / NID||Stores preferences for the Google widgets.|
|original_referer / original_referer / k / js / guest_id / _twitter_sess||Cookies that support our third party social media partner Twitter.|
|Session Cookies||Our website uses a number of session cookies which ensure you are remembered as you move between pages. Without a session cookie features such booking engines and shops would not work.|
| Http Only cookies:
ASP.NET_SessionId / xid / RefererCookie / store_language